These are in the form of the three questions that a user of the 2iB mnemonic might ask herself or himself...
NB: the third question splits into two because balancing can tip both ways.
Running for Freshman Class President:
· What can I do for you?
· How do I get elected?
o How do I govern?
o How do I campaign for reelection?
On a Date:
· Do I have any disclosures to make?
· What do those assertions say about his or her credit history or mental health?
o Should I slow down?
o Should I go for it?
At a Party:
· What champagne does the host really like?
· Who must I say hi to?
o Do I really need to clean up my mess in the toilet?
o Is there an empty glass or two that I can pick up?
At the Gym:
· How do I control my breathing?
· One more interval?
o Did I leave everything on the floor?
o Could I have done one more rep?
· What is the scope of needs, and where is the greatest need?
· Where will I make the largest impact?
o Did I give too little?
o May I pay in installments?
On The Farm:
· Is this life form sentient?
· Is there a way to sustainably bring it to market?
o Can I increase quality?
o Can I increase quantity?
As a Hostage:
· Is there humanity left in my captor”
· Would I hesitate for a second if a door to escape opened?
o Shall I try to make my captor pity me?
o Shall I show my captor my strength?
At University Registrar’s Office:
· What can I learn today?
· What major scores the most job interviews?
o Did I learn to learn?
o Is the inexpungible student debt burden worth it?
· How can I help you? How can my friends help you?
· Watch me chisel. OK?
o How can I squeeze you for better terms at the eleventh hour?
o Shall I leave something on the table?
Starting a Company:
· What is my passion?
· What is the Market Size?
o What do I want for a legacy?
o Is work/life balance relevant?
I like 2iB, not so much because of the components, it's the sequence that makes it handy- good intentions to begin with, a little dust-up, finished off with some housekeeping is the 1-2-3 punch that works.
What mnemonics do you use? What helps calm you down, or fire you up, or give you a fighting chance out of a jackpot? Share them in the comments!